ADSM-L

Scheduler service logon account

2001-11-30 11:13:04
Subject: Scheduler service logon account
From: William Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:08:06 -0500
Normally this is set up as using the local admin account, but I've recently
gotten  a server that needs to backup a remote PC's share point. It keeps
failing with

ANS1228E Sending of object '\\ntpc1676\sx65db' failed
ANS1063E Invalid path specification

After searching the archives, it seems that my problem here is security on
the remote share. I believe it is set up as Read for Everyone. Does this not
include my TSM node's local account?

What do most of you do in this case. I'm reluctant to user a domain userid
for this. I've had experience where if this userid gets locked or someone
just changes the password then all my backups crash.

TIA,
Bill Boyer
"There's no place like ~
There's no place like ~" - ???