ADSM-L

Re: version 4 licensing

2001-11-30 08:57:05
Subject: Re: version 4 licensing
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:56:16 +0200
And usualy maintenance releases expect only to perform "within the
version/maintenance" actions/problem solving (and not thoroughly tested for
upgrade handling). So for the server I would recommend you to follow
multistep process:
3.7.x.y --> 4.1.0.0 --> 4.1.4.0 --> 4.1.4.x
Be aware that first step requires some migration tasks to be completed. And
one of them is registration of licenses you asked for. Only after the
server *basically* works proceed to updates. Some minor problems can be
there - that why we do receive maintenance releases and patches.
Clients are designed to be installed as they are so such installation
behavior is not necessary.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM> on 28.11.2001 18:10:16