ADSM-L

Re: Need help !!!!!Ability to connect to a SQL2000 instance from the Tivoli Software

2001-11-30 08:30:49
Subject: Re: Need help !!!!!Ability to connect to a SQL2000 instance from the Tivoli Software
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:26:57 -0500
> The DBA's asked if TSM cane do this:
> 2000 server that's cot Sql 7.0 and 2000 that runs at the same time and
need
> to backup and restore to them
> Please advise on the status of our ability to connect to a SQL2000
instance
> from the Tivoli Software

Hugo,

With TDP for SQL version 2, you can back up any
SQL instance you want... in fact, with SQL 2000, you can
have multiple SQL 2000 instances AND a SQL 7 instance.
The way to specify which instance you want to
communicate with is by using the following option on your commands:

   /SQLSERVer=sqlservername

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Life is short but sweet for certain..."    -- Dave