ADSM-L

Re: Supporting TSM Clients residing outside the TSM Server's firewall

2001-11-29 08:39:17
Subject: Re: Supporting TSM Clients residing outside the TSM Server's firewall
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:36:07 +0100
> This could be a key selling point for using TSM (versus NetBackup) to back
> up several servers that reside outside our firewall.  Several quick
> questions on this subject:
>
>         1.  Can it be done?
Yes.

>         2.  Does Tivoli support it?
Yes. (AFIAK)

>         3.  Is extensive configuration of the firewall itself needed?
Nope. Just allow outgoing and incoming connections to port 1500 (or whatever)
to/from your server.

>         4.  Is there a 'how-to' doc, redbook or other good reference
> source available?
Not that I know of. I don't think you'll need it either.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams