ADSM-L

Re: Download TDP for Notes

2001-11-28 17:11:06
Subject: Re: Download TDP for Notes
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:08:56 -0600
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:23:26 +0100, it was written:
>I in the process of upgrading my *SM server to 4.2, and i have all the
>TDP's upgraded to
>the latest level, but since we still are using Lotus Notes 4.5.6a (not
>Domino), i can't find
>a vertion that is till supported, and according to Tivoli the TDP don't
>excist any more...
>
>So my question is: Do any of you kind people out there know where i can get
>(download)
>the latest TDP for Notes ?

You cannot. TDP for Notes is (was) an application that requires
licensing, and Tivoli no longer distributes licenses (or media) for
it.

You're going to have to use the regular b/a client. If you backup
while Notes is hot, there's a chance that data will be (at best) slow
to back up due to retries, or (at worst) you'll get corrupt backups.
If you shut Notes down during the backup, the resultant flat files
should back up just dandy with the b/a client.

(You don't really want to use the TDP agent for Notes anyway. The API
that Tivoli and other backup systems were given to use by Lotus was
*not* made for backups and restores; as a result, the TDPN app had a
very poor track record.)