ADSM-L

Changing TCP and HTTP ports

2001-11-27 17:05:55
Subject: Changing TCP and HTTP ports
From: "Chan, Kien" <Chan_K AT CI.WICHITA.KS DOT US>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:01:45 -0600
Hi TSMers. I would like to change TCP and HTTP ports on one of my two
servers from 1500 and 1580 to 1501 and 1581. Just to differentiate one from
another. I changed them under dsmserv.opt and restart the server service but
I cannot connect to it from the admin command line. If I changed them back
to default, which were 1500 and 1580. It works fine.

I was just wondering have anyone successfully changed this information and
they worked. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

NT Server 4.0 SP6a
TSM Server 4.2.0
TSM B/A 4.2.1

Thanks in advance.