ADSM-L

Working with two servers

2001-11-27 08:57:30
Subject: Working with two servers
From: Luciano Ariceto <Luciano.Ariceto AT IPAPERBR DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:37:12 -0300
Hi TSMr´s

I´m new in TSM, so sorry if my question is a little bit "dumb" !!!

I have one TSM server (server 1)  running and in one office and I would
like to add a new server (server 2) to work together in other room. Is this
possible ? Can I make backup on server 1 and restore on server 2 easily ?
Is possible to work with this servers separately (e.g. if server 1 crashes,
the server 2 get the control) ? What is the way ? All hints will be welcome
!!

The server 1 has a library  Compaq Model T892 with 2 drivers DLT 35/70 and
a storage  Proliant U2   8 disks X 9Gb. The server 2  has a manual library
(Compaq DLT 35/70)

Thanks in advance for your responses

L.A.