ADSM-L

Re: Domino - TDP MIgration

2001-11-26 16:39:47
Subject: Re: Domino - TDP MIgration
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:37:07 -0600
On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:08:51 -0500, it was written:
>Scenario: Domino is being migrated from an AIX to a
>Solaris one. Currently, that Domino database is backed
>up with TDP for Domino to a TSM (Solaris)server. When
>Domino will reside on the new Solaris platform, how
>will I be able to restore data backed up with TDP 6
>months ago?

You're not going to be able to restore the AIX files (in JFS file
format) to Solaris (in <whatever> file format). You're going to have
to keep your AIX Notes box online and available for restores (though
not online for Notes users) until you feel you can shut it down for
good.

Moving Notes files from one Notes server to another across OS
platforms is an exercise left to the student. ;o)