ADSM-L

Sharing the 3494 with OS/390 and AS/400

2001-11-26 07:58:04
Subject: Sharing the 3494 with OS/390 and AS/400
From: "Bazuin R. (Ronald)" <Ronald.Bazuin AT NL.FORTIS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:54:48 +0100
Hi *SM-ers,

We are going to share an 3494 library with three hosts; TSM, OS/390 and
OS/400. Therefor we will use different labelcategories to ensure we don't
use eachothers tapes. But in TSM, i think, it is easy for us to label tapes
wich belongs to one of the other hosts. That is not wat you want, but it is
possible. Therefor I like to know if it is possible to set somewhere
something like an mask so we are not able to label those tapes, even when we
not use the 'volrange' option.

Thank in advance,

Ronald Bazuin
System Engineer
Amev I&P - Networks
(Amev is an member of the Fortis-group)
Netherlands

Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n).
Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan.
Fortis sluit iedere aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit
electronische verzending.

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may
not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person
other than the addressee(s).
Fortis rules out any and every liability resulting from any
electronic transmission.