ADSM-L

Re: Informix restore using TSM

2001-11-22 05:42:01
Subject: Re: Informix restore using TSM
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:02:23 +0200
I cannot help with your exact configuration because we are using TDP for
Informix. However it cannot be different.
XBSA lib is just and interface between Informix backup tools (i.e. onbar)
and the storage manager (TSM in our case).
Both backups and restores go the same way. And with "onbar -r" you have to
be able to restore.
If you are having problems I would suggest you to test backup to prove TSM
setup. And to prevent old backup (which you deadly need) to be overwritten
create a small dbspace which didn't existed before and test to backup it
(be careful not to backup rootdbs !!!). Or better rename (Informix) node in
TSM until test succeed.
When you get ready with the backup rename back original node and perform
COLD Informix restore (at least for rootdbs). You can decide to bring only
few dbspaces up in cold restore and continue later with warm on others.
This is an Informix issue and is not related to TSM at all.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Sarver, Theresa (Osky Unix Administrator)" <tsarver AT CLOWVALVE DOT COM> on
20.11.2001 18:33:57