ADSM-L

Re: select * from events - only today's events

2001-11-21 17:47:59
Subject: Re: select * from events - only today's events
From: Ken Long <ken.long AT WHEDA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:45:23 -0600
Even if I boost the number of hours in your select to 60, I still only get
today's events.

Am I correct in assuming that when I use "query event" the data I receive
is from the events table that I'm running select against?

                    Mahesh Tailor
                    <MTailor@CARI        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    LION.COM>            cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: select * from events
- only today's events
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    11/21/2001
                    03:23 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Ken,

Try this . . .

select node_name,status from events where status!='Completed' and
domain_name!='' and \
cast((current_timestamp-actual_start)hours as decimal(8,0))<19 and \
'$DATE' < scheduled_start order by node_name

In this case $DATE is a variable that stores the date (computed using DATE
="$MONTH/$DAY/$YEAR") and cast((current_timestamp-actual_start)hours as
decimal(8,0))<19 catches all events in the past 19 hours.

Hope this helps.

>>> ken.long AT WHEDA DOT COM 11/21/01 02:52PM >>>
Gabriel, the query event part works fine, I'm able to see historical event
data.

It is when using select, which is more useful than query when feeding data
to scripts, that I can't get history.

I assume that selecting from the events table should provide the same data
as using query event.

Thanks... Ken

                    Gabriel Wiley
                    <wileyg AT US DOT IB        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    M.COM>               cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: select * from
events - only today's events
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    11/21/2001
                    01:21 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Ken,

Try this  "q ev *  * begind=xx endd=today"

xx = how many days back do you want to go....

If you want to see only failures add "ex=y" to the end of the statement.

There is also begint  = begin time
                 endt       =  end time

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator