ADSM-L

Re: Library offline to host

2001-11-19 17:29:35
Subject: Re: Library offline to host
From: William Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:24:41 -0500
Can you ping the library from that server? Also, have you checked the
library manager log? You need to go into service mode, and then it's one of
the menu choices. Can't remember which one and I'm at home so I can't check
right now. The LM will do a reverse name lookup on the IP address and if it
doesn't match what you've coded, the session is rejected. That will show up
in the LM log. Maybe that server is now know differently via DNS? Or a
different network adapter is now being used and that adapters IP address
doesn't reverse lookup the same...? You may have to add it to the HOSTS file
on the LM OS/2 box.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.
"There's no place like ~" - ??