ADSM-L

Re: Error while Updating LTO micro code.

2001-11-19 15:36:39
Subject: Re: Error while Updating LTO micro code.
From: Mike Yager <yager AT QUALEXPHOTO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:15:53 -0500
hi,

ive been lurking for a while and can finally contribute.

1) the updated directions on the IBM LTO web site are very clear and straight
forward, with lots of screen shots.

http://ssddom02.storage.ibm.com/tape/lto/faqs/ntupdt3583fmr.html

http://ssddom02.storage.ibm.com/tape/lto/faqs/ntupdtfmr.html

web page does better job than i can describing what to do.

But, I think your problem might simply be you need to select #1  for Read/Write
 NOT #2 as it is for Read Only

good luck
-mike
Michael Yager
Michael Yager
IBM Global Services
(919)382-4808

>>> SOdaiyappan AT INAUTIX DOT COM 11/15/01 08:42AM >>>
Hi All,

I am having a severe problem in performance of the LTO it is as low as
5Gb/Hr. I was suggested to upgrade the Drive micro code (originally it was
0BN1). I upgraded the LTO library micro code 2.62.0001 successfully thru
serial cable. When I attempt to upgrade Drive0 Micro code it gave the
following error:

          enter selection : 20
          Enter open mode <1> RW   <2> RO:  2
          special file <\\.\tape0> will be opened
          Error: THE SYSTEM CANNOT  FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED.
          analyze <>  called with rc err 2 <ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND> DATA 0
          analyze conclusion ... ERROR   not as expected
          ERROR, test failed!
In fact i have stopped the device drivers of the tape device before I start
NTUTIL. I have even tried with device drivers in started mode also.
LTO model : 3583
with one tape drive.
With out any optional modules.

I thought of calling IBM since the device is in warranty but in India they
will take their own course of time. If any one help me out in this regards
will be of great help.

Regards
O.Senthil
NT Administrator