ADSM-L

Re: dsmerror.log

2001-11-18 19:36:26
Subject: Re: dsmerror.log
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 19:33:18 -0500
It's not necessarily an error, per se. Rather, this message is issued
whenever the scheduler service is terminated. For example, stopping the
TSM scheduler service explicitly or implicitly (like when you shut down
the system for reboot) will cause this message to be written to the error
log. Unless you are having some problem with backups (i.e. the scheduler
service is shutting down in the middle of the backup for no apparent
reason), these messages can be safely ignored.

There's probably room for improvement in the message text and when it gets
logged to help avoid confusion.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Patricia LeBlanc <Patricia.Leblanc AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
11/17/2001 08:21