ADSM-L

Re: export node or server on cross platform server migration

2001-11-16 10:20:38
Subject: Re: export node or server on cross platform server migration
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:18:00 -0500
Haven't had exp.  with that .

We did an Aix 4.3.3. to HP UX  11.0 migration.

Kept the same POS Stk 9714  1 cell I/O chamber  library.

Had no problems ..

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Leopold Hameder <lhameder AT HBV DOT DE>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 11/16/2001 09:11:51
AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Hi *SMers,

we have to migrate our TSM -Server (4.2.1) from AIX / RS6000 to Win2000 /
Netfinity Intel.
has anyone expirience with this?

Our environment:
TSM 4.2.1 / AIX           currently running backup for two clients within
seperate
storage pools
TSM 4.2.1 / WIN2000
3494-Library with 3 x 3590 Tapes
1x 3590 Tape Stacker IBM with 10 Slots

Would we have do this with "Export [Server| Node]" and after that
"Import [Server | Node]" ? And which one is the better Method ?

How could we resolve the problem, that we have to do backup of the Clients
during Export / Import?

The export /import will need about 14 days In this time we have to backup
about 100 GB. It is enough to define a disk storage pool for the clients
and
let them write their backups in this pool for 14 days while the ex/import
works only with tapes. And after finished import migrate the data from disk

to tape ?

Any ideas, comments or other suggestions ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
With regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
With regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

    Leopold Hameder

 |  Heinrich Bauer Produktions KG PSC      |  email: lhameder AT hbv DOT de    |
 |  Abteilung Server & Concepts            |  phone: 040 - 3019 - 5675  |
 |  Burchardstr. 11, 20077 Hamburg         |  fax:   040 - 3019 - 5668  |