ADSM-L

W98/ME Client Backup problem

2001-11-15 14:08:30
Subject: W98/ME Client Backup problem
From: Jon Adams <Jon.Adams AT PREMERA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:05:40 -0800
I have a 4.1 client running W98 SE on a laptop against a 4.1.1.0 AIX server.
Since the user never really knows when the machine will be on the network
for a backup I leave the onus up to her and do not put it on schedule at
all.  At any rate, every time the user initiates a backup via the GUI, the
system attempts to perform a FULL (backup always) backup.  As far as I know,
there is no option in the Server Client Option Set or the local DSM.OPT that
would force this.  Does anyone know of anything that could cause this?
Obviously, the full backup takes quite a bit of time and the user is not
interested in waiting hours for what should be minutes for a daily
incremental.

Regards,

Jon Adams
Systems Engineer II
B&ST Infrastructure
Premera Blue Cross
425.670.5770
jon.adams AT premera DOT com

        "You have the right to remain silent.  Anything you say will be
misquoted then used against you."