ADSM-L

Will filespaces be over-written if unix OS is changed?

2001-11-15 12:22:54
Subject: Will filespaces be over-written if unix OS is changed?
From: Keith Kwiatek <kkwiatek AT NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:12:35 -0500
Hello,

We have a TSM policy of keeping 30 versions of a file for 30 days.

If I have a machine with AIX installed with TSM account name "mybox", and
then take that same machine and install Linux, and keep the TSM account name
of "mybox", will the AIX data be over-written? I would think that since the
AIX filesystem (/var) equates to a filespace name (/var), that the Linux
filespace would also be the same (/var) and thus version numbers 1 through
29 would be AIX versions of the file, while the current version is the linux
file....

Thanks for any and all input...

Keith