ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: ANR9999D with a strange message

2001-11-13 13:16:37
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: ANR9999D with a strange message
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:13:55 -0500
The problem is here we don't have any idea what is being deleted if we
delete it.
These errors occur on RECLAIMS for COPY POOL tapes.  So you may be getting
errors on stuff that is months old, and the client can't back it up again.
If I could look at the contents of the tapes that won't reclaim and tell
whether there is a good copy in the primary pool, or a later backup copy,
that would be fine.  But running contents on the tape won't tell you that.

And of course the big issue is WHY are we getting these errors? they are
getting scary, as they shouldn't be there at all.  They are not the result
of physical I/O errors on any media.