ADSM-L

Re: LTO 3584 in a SAN not use several drives in a session

2001-11-09 12:35:02
Subject: Re: LTO 3584 in a SAN not use several drives in a session
From: Orville Lantto <olantto AT DTREND DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:30:35 -0600
What is the throughput you are achieving?  Mt experience is that it is
very difficult to keep an LTO drive streaming.  Drive compression has a
large effect. With drive compression, you will need a total system which
can maintain 15 MB/sec X Compression Ratio.  In addition, the TSM overhead
per file can slow down even the fastest systems.  Look in the archive for
some test numbers I posted for a system very much like yours.  I posted it
about a month ago.

Orville L. Lantto
Datatrend Technologies, Inc.
121 Cheshire Lane #700
Minnetonka, MN 55305

Jorge Rodriguez <jrodri_duran AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
11/08/01 02:19 PM