ADSM-L

Remove last snapshot?

2001-11-09 05:08:55
Subject: Remove last snapshot?
From: Hans Hedlund <Hans.Hedlund AT ENSKILDA DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:51:06 +0100
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to delete the last DBSNAPSHOT tape from my server?

I experimented around a bit with snapshot database dumps on one of my TSM
servers, but now I don't want it anymore. I sarcastically think that my
DBBACKUP tapes are sufficient to restore the database, and I simply don't
want the snapshot around anymore. But TSM won't let me delete the volume
since it's the "last" (in fact the ONLY) DBSNAPSHOT tape in the system.
Argh!

Regards,
Hans Hedlund

 Confidentiality Notice

The content of this e-mail is intended only for the
confidential use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not such a person, you are
hereby notified that you have received this communication
in error and that reading it, copying it, or in any way
disseminating its content to any other person, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the author by replying to his e-mail immediately.