ADSM-L

Re: reiserfs & ext3

2001-11-07 16:11:40
Subject: Re: reiserfs & ext3
From: Charles Anderson <ceanderson AT DIS.UMSMED DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 15:02:39 -0600
ADSM _should_ be able to backup a read only filesystem as adsm ( tsm, whatever
) shouldn't be writing to the filesystem to back it up ( that's what the adsm
server is for ), unless you're executing dsmc from withing that filesystem, at
which point you would be attempting to write dsmerror.log.

The thing that throws me for a loop ( and  no doubt you as well ) is that it
does work with only that filesystem in the inc command.

my 2cents.. probably not worth a worth much as I don't have an answer for you.

tried VirtualMountPoint "/var/tripwire" in dsm.sys ?

-ed
>>> Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU 11/07/01 02:34PM >>>
>>> Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU 11/07/01 02:34PM >>>
We have just installed the 4.2.1.0 client code on a Linux system with
a mixture of ext2 and reiserfs file systems. A 'dsmc inc' command will
consistently back up all but one of the file systems. The file system
can be backed up successfully if it is specified explicitly on the
command line ('dsmc inc /var/tripwire'). The missed file system is a
reiserfs file system. As far as I can tell, the only thing unusual
about the file system is that it is mounted read-only. Is this
expected behavior or a bug?