ADSM-L

Re: NT Performance Problem with Tivoli Client 3.7.x

2001-11-07 14:22:23
Subject: Re: NT Performance Problem with Tivoli Client 3.7.x
From: "Gent, Chad E." <CEGent AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:17:17 -0500
O.k

Over the last few days I was able to test the throughput from a couple
different servers experiencing this problem.  Here is what I have found.

I have verified that that ports my servers are connected to (on the
backbone) are 100/meg Full Duplex.  Also the server NIC card is set to
100/meg Full Duplex.  So we can rule out Duplex mis-match errors between the
NIC and the Switch.

I used FTP to transfer several 1 GIG files to my AIX backup machine and I am
still getting the same performance.  I have preformed this task on several
machines and found that my throughput is that same as the backups. At most I
am getting 700kb/sec. I also transferred files to a GIG E card and a 100/meg
Full Duplex card in the AIX backup server.  Still the same result.  Not much
changed in speed.  Any other suggestions on what could be going on here.

I am not giving up:)

Chad