ADSM-L

Re: Netware TSA500.nlm problem.

2001-11-07 11:15:10
Subject: Re: Netware TSA500.nlm problem.
From: Jose Palomo <Jpalomo AT ENERGY.STATE.CA DOT US>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 07:57:05 -0800
I experienced the same problem after applying NW 5.1SP3 to my Novell servers.
You need to download the tsa5up7 (tid#2960255) from Novell, and apply it to the
NW server according to Novell's instructions. back ups should run ok then.

Jose R. Palomo
Network Administrator
California Energy Commission
916.653.8343

>>> MORRISM1 AT CO.GWINNETT.GA DOT US 11/07/01 06:29AM >>>
I'm having a problem with one of my servers and the TSA500.NLM file.  The error
log returns: "(TSA500.NLM 5.4 266) This data set is in use and cannot be
accessed at this time".  My other NetWare servers do not have this problem.  It
has been suggested to me that TSM is trying to back this NLM up while it is
using it.  TSM server is MVS 4.1.0, client is 4.2.1.  My NetWare Administrators
have suggested that I exclude SYS:\system from the backups.

Has anyone else run into this problem with TSA500.NLM and do you exclude
SYS:\system from backups?