ADSM-L

Re: Linux - starts three tasks when starting dsmcad or dsmc sched

2001-11-07 05:44:06
Subject: Re: Linux - starts three tasks when starting dsmcad or dsmc sched
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:41:23 +0100
Hi,

yes, this is normal. Best guess as to why, properties of linux multi-treading?

> When starting the dsmcad and the scheduler on a linux client the responce
> from a "ps -ef  | grep ds" shows each task three times.
>
> Is this normal in if it is why?
>

> Peter Griffin
> Sydney Water

> This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
> and may contain information which is confidential or
> privileged. Unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
> the sender immediately via e-mail and then delete the
> original e-mail.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams