ADSM-L

Re: Spill processing please help - lowering LOWMIG

2001-11-03 22:43:08
Subject: Re: Spill processing please help - lowering LOWMIG
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 01:05:33 -0600
On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:55:59 -0500, it was written:
>The backups WILL go back to the disk pool if there is space - but AFTER
>processing the one file that required the media mount. TSM looks for space
>for each object as it comes in, and decides for that one object which pool
>to use.

And let me add that the state of the diskpool is not reported to the
server until after the migration is finished; thus, the client backup
isn't aware of the diskpool empty space until that point. One more
reason not to set the diskpool's low-water mark too low...