ADSM-L

API Incompatibility

2001-11-02 12:19:42
Subject: API Incompatibility
From: Michael Snook <msnook AT STORAGEACCESS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:02:08 -0500
Hello,

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but has anyone heard of
any progress on the fact that we can't use the API to even
query objects that were backed up with the CLI/GUI?

I've seen people justify it saying the two have totally different
purposes, but I don't buy that.  I think the responsibility
should be on the programmer using the API to decide what
they want to use it for and how they want to use it.

Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael