ADSM-L

Re: TSM and Sybase

2001-11-02 11:56:46
Subject: Re: TSM and Sybase
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:43:17 -0600
I think you are mixing apples and oranges. I use TSM as my storage manager
but in order for Sybase and TSM to play
together, an XBSA shared library must be used. ADSM used to include this
but they pulled the shared library out of their software distribution some
time ago and started marketing Tivoli Data Protection products which
basically provide the shared library function as does SQL BackTrack for
Sybase. I use SQL BackTrack for Sybase as well as SQL BT for Informix. The
API function is supplied by the TSM client which also requires the XBSA
shared library to communicate with the Sybase and Informix backup clients.

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises
Storage/System Admin

Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on