ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on a SAN.

2001-11-02 05:39:01
Subject: Re: ADSM on a SAN.
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT CW DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:36:14 +0100
Stuart,
as you don't use any of the new SAN functions within TSM, I would not
expect any problems.
ADSM doesn't know that the storage pools are not locally attached. As
long as your disk/tape device drivers are working, there should be no
problem.
I guess there is a communications problem with your hardware or drivers,
so slow access works (your backups) and fast access crashes (migration).

As ADSM 3.1 is quite unsupported with so many new versions available,
why not think about upgrading and making use of new SAN features?

Best wishes,
Michael

--
Michael Bartl                               mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com
Michael Bartl                               mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com