ADSM-L

Re: Question

2001-11-01 14:50:40
Subject: Re: Question
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:47:57 -0500
A TSM admin can look for it by doing a SELECT on the BACKUPS table.  I think
this will work:

>select hl_name, ll_name from backups where node_name='NODENAME' and ll_name
like '%XXXX%'

where XXXX are the chars in the name you are looking for.  Remember that the
XXXX should be mixed case for *IX clients, upper case for Windoze clients.

HOWEVER,  this query can take a LONG time if your DB is large.

For us, it's faster and easier to use the BA client FIND capability, if we
have access to the client.

*       Start the GUI
*       select RESTORE.
*       From the MENU bar pull down EDIT, FIND.

There is a Windows-like FIND capability, you can look for all files starting
or ending or containing characters you specify.  You can also filter by size
or date.

(I think you have to be at least a 3.7 client for this to work).
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert