ADSM-L

Re: 3590 fiber/scsi

2001-10-31 09:15:27
Subject: Re: 3590 fiber/scsi
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:05:18 -0800
Geoff,

We had no problems when we had that type of config.

We ran it that way for 2 weeks (4 Fiber 6 Scsi) until we totally converted
to Fiber.

Consider ourselves really lucky! Read below and find out why....

When we totally converted we had to check all of the tapes back into the
library , the Fiber drives read the head of the tape differently than the
SCSI.

And we had jobs stock piling out there for about an hour till we realized
the problem.

Once all the tapes were checked in using a Fiber drive,  things worked
really good.

You might want to try checking  the tape in with the new fiber drive and
re-running the process..

Hope this helps..

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator