ADSM-L

Bad Performance of TDP for R3 in SAN

2001-10-30 15:57:43
Subject: Bad Performance of TDP for R3 in SAN
From: Jorge Rodriguez <jrodri_duran AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:55:03 -0400
 Hi all...

I have the following: AIX 4.3.3 ML 9, TSM Server 4.2.0 TSM Client 4.2.0, TDP for SAP R3 Oracle 3.2.0.6 and the Storage Agent 4.2.0 in a SAN environmet using McData Director ED-5000 and LTO 3584 connected to McData ES-1000. The McData4s are interconnected between them. The LTO cannot be connected directly to the McData directors.

When the Backup/Archive Client uses the SAN the performance is excellent, but when the TDP uses the SAN the performance is the worst. Using TDP, the SAN backup time is greater than LAN backup time.

What kind of tuning is necessary to do?. or What can I do to improve the SAN performance?

TIA

Jorge Rodrmguez
Caracas - Venezuela