ADSM-L

3590 fiber/scsi

2001-10-30 15:53:42
Subject: 3590 fiber/scsi
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:50:46 -0800
Does anyone run their 3494 with a combination of scsi and fiber drives? If
so do you see any issues with this? Tivoli tells me there are no issues. I
have 4 SCSI and 2 newly installed fiber drives. I see there are times TSM
reports a dismount failure, always on only those 2 drives. Sometimes the
tape is still in the drive, yet TSM does not make the drive unavailable. The
mounts seem to take much longer to accomplish on the fiber drives. Sometimes
processes kick off and have mounts reserved waiting for the completion of
mounting the tape but it just doesn't happen.

Like this one, still waiting........and it's the only thing happening.
ANR8379I Mount point in device class 3590CLASS is waiting for the volume
mount to complete, status: WAITING FOR VOLUME.

       2 Database Backup      Full backup: 0 pages of 3745593 backed up.

                               Waiting for mount of scratch volume (920

                               seconds).

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer