ADSM-L

Re: MVS TSM Backup of RAW FS (ie.open Systems)

2001-10-29 11:39:36
Subject: Re: MVS TSM Backup of RAW FS (ie.open Systems)
From: "Tweedy, Rick" <Rick.Tweedy AT CCRA-ADRC.GC DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:36:06 -0500
Well actually I will have other TSM NT servers in the picture but my problem
is that I need to get the data to an MVS tape device and by using the NT TSM
server I thought I was forced to move the data via IP to get it to MVS.
Currently MVS is the only client who can access the tape device in question.

Where is the issue with doing what I want?  Is it because the MVS TSM Server
is not a client or is it because the MVS TSM server cannot read the FS?  I
was hoping that it would be like in Distributed environments where you quite
regularly need to back up raw disk as that is quite regularly used for
Database storage.

Thanks!
Rick