ADSM-L

Re: FW: v4.2.1 TSM Clients

2001-10-26 13:04:31
Subject: Re: FW: v4.2.1 TSM Clients
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:02:37 -0400
> Guys
>
> Is there a patch for this issue ?

Yes, is there?  I read through that APAR, and one cannot conceivably visit
hundreds, possibly thousands of clients, and exclude all files that may
fail.  This behavior, in my opinion, is a bug.  If I upgraded to this
code, close to 100% of my client schedules would show up as failed.

This may be a nice feature to add, but not as a failed schedule.  Perhaps
some other completion status could be set, or inquired (via q event).
Calling the backup a failure does not seem correct, IMHO.

> Regards
> Chandra

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
HOD Service Coordinator
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
TSM/ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)