ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1

2001-10-25 16:10:16
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:07:03 -0500
The problem with database backups, migrations failing and not waiting for
tape drives existed in 4.1.2.0 also.

If TSM attempts to access a scratch tape and cannot read the label, the tape
is marked private.   I have seen this issue due to label libvol failures.

What specific problem did they identify in the TSM code that was causing
these issues?  Or are they just suggesting to "try our cew code"?

Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

WAL-MART CONFIDENTIAL