ADSM-L

Update Management Class

2001-10-25 01:01:48
Subject: Update Management Class
From: Kelvin Tan <ktan AT TABLIMITED.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:43:37 +1000
Hi TSM Gurus

I have just recently changed the migration destination in the management
class to a new storage pool.  The policy set had been updated and so was
the new sequential storage pool. As TSM is backing up incrementally,
what happens to the other volumes in the old storage pool?  Will TSM be
smart enough to move all the volumes in the old storage pool to the new
storage pool and continue to backup incrementally?  Or does it do a full
backup in the new storage pool to be followed by an incremental backup
later on?  I hope I make myself clear as I am new to TSM.

TIA

Kelvin Tan