ADSM-L

Re: Educational Licencing Question

2001-10-24 19:43:54
Subject: Re: Educational Licencing Question
From: "David N. Reiss" <dnr AT GBLX DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:41:05 -0400
Bear in mind, a lot of the discount options depend on how much you are going
to spend with IBM/Tivoli.   Myself, we got a normal corp. discount
(something not as good as Education discounts, but something along the same
lines)... plus the passport advantage discount, plus another discount on top
of that... all because we were buying a lot of stuff at the time.

Those numbers that IBM/Tivoli give you are just where they like to start the
negotating process.   If you are looking to buy other IBM/Tivoli things
(even some business partner stuff that IBM resells)... Hardware, Software,
etc. you can factor all that into some bigger discounts normally.

-dnr