ADSM-L

Re: manually ejecting a tape from a 3494 library

2001-10-24 14:15:11
Subject: Re: manually ejecting a tape from a 3494 library
From: Sean M English <senglish AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:12:27 -0400
Shawn,

You can use the following command to put the tapes in the I/O Door:

mtlib -l/dev/lmcp0 -CV<volume serial #>  -tff10

FF10 is the category of a tape that is located in the I/O door on a 3494.

Regards,
Sean

Sean M. English
Enterprise Storage Management
IBM Global Services, SDC
Charlotte, NC
Good news is just life's way of keeping you off balance.

                    Shawn Bierman
                    <BiermanS@METHODISTH       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    EALTH.ORG>                 cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist       Subject:     manually ejecting a
tape from a 3494 library
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED

                    10/24/01 01:49 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

I have some tapes inside our robot that are possibly miss-labeled.

I would like to have the robot eject these tapes and I thought the mtlib
command would be the answer.  I cannot figure out how to do it though.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
-shawn
Shawn L. Bierman