ADSM-L

Re: Retry: Server Clientoptionset Confusion

2001-10-24 10:19:28
Subject: Re: Retry: Server Clientoptionset Confusion
From: Steven Chaba <Steven_Chaba AT RGE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:40:51 -0400
Hi, Andy, and thanks for the suggestions. See below:

----- Message from Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM> on Tue, 23 Oct
2001
13:05:33 -0700 -----
13:05:33 -0700 -----

>I do not know why you are seeing this problem, although you are running at
>fairly back-level code.

Unless my memory is completely gone, I also observed this behavior in 3.1.x
clients running to a 3.1.1.5 server. I didn't pursue it then because we
were so hopelessly out of rev.

>Some things to check:

>- Do you have more than one TSM server? If so, are you sure the probem
>client is connecting to the server you think it is connecting to?

Only running one server.

>- Did you confirm that the problem node is indeed associated with the
>desired cloptset (QUERY NODENAME nodename FORMAT=DETAILED)?

Confirmed.

>- If you do a QUERY STATUS, what does it show for the scheduling mode? If
>it is set to PROMPTED, then that will over-ride whatever you put in the
>cloptset or dsm.sys.

Q STATUS reports scheduling mode of "ANY". BTW - I don't see in a quick
scan of the manuals - where is this priority of overrides documented?

>- Do you have any non-AIX clients? If so, do they experience this problem?
>If the problem seems clearly to be with the AIX clients, consider
>upgrading one of the problem clients to the 4.1.3 level, and see if it
>makes any difference.

The problem has been observed in working with both AIX and NT4 clients. I
will try a newer client on a machine I can afford to foul up to see if it
makes a difference.