ADSM-L

Re: AUDIT LICENSE and Occupancy tables

2001-10-23 17:24:01
Subject: Re: AUDIT LICENSE and Occupancy tables
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:10:27 -0400
Wanda,

You don't need to do an audit license to get good data back from
'q occ' or 'select * from occupancy ...'.  But there is another table
in the server called auditoccupancy and you do need to do audit license
to get current data into it.

I always use the occupancy table because it reports by filespace and
storagepool whereas auditoccupancy adds all the filespaces together.
If you only use the occupancy table you can speed up the audit license
process by adding 'auditstorage no' to the server options file.

Hope this helps,

--