ADSM-L

Re: ITO alarms and TSM error messages

2001-10-23 10:19:04
Subject: Re: ITO alarms and TSM error messages
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:16:18 -0500
Better:

A port connection is a more reliable method of alerting and it is generally
real time.

Test this on a low impact Server first
1.      Enable events tivoli severe
2.      Enable events tivoli error
                3.      disable any events not wanted (this is hard to
determine)  cmd: disable event tivoli anr0001   (note: no letter on the end)
3.      Configure tivoli to point to a local port (loop back and whatever
port you want)
4.      Write a simple program to monitor this port, receive the alert,
change the format and send the error in the format the receiver wants (ITO,
Netcool, etc.)
5.      Bounce ADSM server to establish the connection.
6.      To test connection: enable event tivoli anr2017
7.      Run q actlog
8.      Watch event receiver for event.
Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering