ADSM-L

Cache Hit % dropping on NT

2001-10-23 05:09:46
Subject: Cache Hit % dropping on NT
From: MORGAN TONY <TONY.MORGAN AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:54:06 +0200
Dear *SMers,

I am running TSM V4.1.1.0 on an NT box.

For 10 months I have had not problem with Cache Hit @ 98-99% with
SELFTUNEBUFSIZE on.

In the last 2 weeks the Cache hit rate has dropped dramatically.. I have
manually raised the BUFPOOLSIZE base setting from 32768 in stages to 43008
and the Cache seems fine for a short while, then drops off again.

Is this a sign of a database about to die, or something else horrible?????

I would appreciate some help!!

One thing that did happen... about a month ago the server was rebuilt by a
TSM consultant (yes! I know) and he rebuilt the database into 1 file rather
than my 5 files of similar size... He said that I had got it wrong! (I am
sceptical - as I am old enough to be his father and was tuning databases
before he started on solid food!!!)

Any Ideas??

Many Thanks

Tony Morgan
Fortis Bank UK

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the addressee. The content of this
e-mail may have been changed without the consent of the originator.
The information supplied must be viewed in this context. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify our Helpdesk by
telephone on +44 (0) 20-7444-8444. Any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.