ADSM-L

rman question

2001-10-22 03:54:43
Subject: rman question
From: Steve de Souza <DeSouzaS AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:50:23 +0800
Hi there

        I use tdp for oracle 2.2 on a tsm4.2 server
        I allocate 2 channels for the rman backup, t1 and t2
        when the backup starts, it initially starts to write to 2 tapes.
        After a short while, one drive goes idle and the other tape
        continually gets written to, till completion of the backup.

        Anyone have any idea as to what is causing one the tapes to go
        idle?

        The backup files aren't very big.
        channels t1 and t2 continue to get 'allocated' to completion if the
job.
        The mountretention on the devc is big.
        what else could I check?

        cheers

        steve

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)      This document is confidential and may contain legally privileged
        information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
        read, copy, distribute or act in reliance on it.
        If you have received this document in error, please telephone
        us immediately on (08) 9365-1555.

2)      All e-mails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies are
        scanned for content. Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
        subject matter will be reported to the e-mail administrator of
        all parties concerned.