ADSM-L

Moving from 1 large tape pool to multiple tape pools

2001-10-18 10:04:03
Subject: Moving from 1 large tape pool to multiple tape pools
From: Bruce Kamp <bkamp AT MHS-NET DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:06:20 -0400
Hello all,
I want to separate my tape pool into tape pools for each OS (ie AIX, NT/200,
Netware....)  I turned on collocation about 6 months ago.
1)  How can I find out which tapes are fully collocated & which tapes have
multiple node backups on them.

2)  If a tape has multiple nodes on them (same OS) & I do a MOVEDATA to the
new tape pool will the movedata command put each node to a
separate tape?

3)  If a tape contains multiple nodes (different OS's) how do I move this
data to new storage pools?

Thanks,

Bruce Kamp
Bruce Kamp