ADSM-L

Re: Migration to 4.1 on AIX

2001-10-17 13:02:18
Subject: Re: Migration to 4.1 on AIX
From: Bern Ruelas <bern AT CADENCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:59:33 -0700
Chandra,

We are running TSM 4.2 with the LTO/Ultrium drives on Solaris - it seems to be
working fine (although this was just installed). We are running a failover
with Solaris
NAS heads which are tied to IBM ESS disks through IBM's San Data Gateway
(2108 Model G07) technology. Although true LANess backup is still not
available form
IBM, and we have yet to test failover..

-Bern
. At 01:21 AM 10/17/2001 -0400, you wrote:
. At 01:21 AM 10/17/2001 -0400, you wrote:
In a response to my earlier post about problems with LTO, it was suggested
that 4.2.1 and LTO/Ultrium were a bad combination.

>From Suad Musovich, 10/11/2001, in reply to my problem backing up to LTO:
JD> LTO is undoubtedly better supported in 4.2 -- anyone have and comments on
JD> this combo?  We're ordering a media kit, but would like to hear about
JD> people's experiences before jumping ahead versions on our production
system.

SM>I'd stay with 4.1 as there are a few AIX/LTO bugs in 4.2 (especially a
nasty
SM>LTO bug in 4.2.1.0)

-JD.