ADSM-L

ACTLOG reporting. (What happend to my message type)

2001-10-16 07:35:44
Subject: ACTLOG reporting. (What happend to my message type)
From: Bruce Mitchell <bruce.mitchell AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:46:22 +0000
I've discovered a funny, that I  could do with some help with ..
We run reporting overnight against  more than 13 TSM servers using  selects
against various TMS tables to build stats.

One of these is :-

select message from actlog where cast((current_timestamp-date_time)days as
decimal) <=1.and msgno=4961

which is used to determine BACKUP totals..

This works fine on all but one server. The server in question shows no message
in ACTLOG table (or actlog)...
I've checked eventrules and the message isnt disabled..
Alll servers have  identical options and eventrules enabled/disbaled..

Does anyone know of a 'discretionary limit' on a temp table size with TSM's
SQL, as this server has 900+ clients and 120Gb database.
I know it's way too  many , but they keep a comin...

Any ideas are welcome...

Tel:       +44(0) 207 547 4917
Fax        +44(0) 207 650 7917
Mobile    +44(0) 7768 361-885
email:    bruce.mitchell AT db DOT com

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.