ADSM-L

Recovery Log Filling

2001-10-15 09:31:21
Subject: Recovery Log Filling
From: Phil Stockton <phil.stockton AT RS-COMPONENTS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:24:29 +0100
Hello everyone,

Environment

Server AIX 4.3.2 on RS H70 running ADSM 3.1.2.90.

Database size 9 gb
Recovery Log  2.94 gb  (using Roll forward)

In normal daily processing the recovery log usually gets up to 1.6 gb.  Last
Thursday night however the log filled up and I had to add more space with
the usual dsmfmt and dsmserv utilities.  My daily reports show no unusual
backup/archive activity other than the database buffer pool was overcommited
by 12 kilobytes.

The amount of space used implies something like 1.5 million files additional
files wished to be backed up.  I can see no trace of these files anywhere.

So, my question is ; -

Does anyone know of any bugs in the above environment which could cause this
to happen?

Regards

Phil Stockton
RS Components UK

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in
error please Email the sender.

RS Components Ltd.