ADSM-L

Tape Capacity Observations

2001-10-15 07:50:33
Subject: Tape Capacity Observations
From: "Lawson, Jerry W (ETSD, IT)" <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 07:47:14 -0400
Date:           October 15, 2001                        Time: 7:42 AM
From:   Jerry Lawson
                The Hartford Insurance Group
860     547-2960                jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
-
-
Thanks, everyone for the response on our questions about tape capacity.  As
Thanks, everyone for the response on our questions about tape capacity.  As
was pointed out, we compress on the client side, and so we don't see the
actual compression amounts.  And Bill Colwell - thanks for the info about
how STK counts to 20GB - Once again we see where a vendor says that 1K is
1000 and not 1024!  :-)>

-
-
                                                     Jerry
                                                     Jerry

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over....and expecting the results
to be different - Anon.

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all
copies.