ADSM-L

how to manage copy storagepool volume for LTO (barcode)

2001-10-15 02:52:33
Subject: how to manage copy storagepool volume for LTO (barcode)
From: Thida Chin <thida.t.chintawongvanich AT SSI.SHELL.COM DOT MY>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:37:51 +0800
Hi all,

Anybody have any idea or any scripts/macro to manage this �please kindly
advise�.

I want to back up storage pool from primary1 to copy1, primary2 to copy2,
and primary3 to copy3
Now we are using LTO which read the volume name from barcode ABCxxx  3
alphabets and 3 digits
I want to assign all primary storage pool to ABC0xx , copy storage pool to
write to ABC1xxx
 if I have only one copy storage pool I can assign all those ABC1xx to that
copy storage but the problems is we have few copy storage pools

Last time we use 2 library (3590 ) so that we can just manage by devc�.

Please help�
Thanks in advance�:-)

regards,

Thida Chintawongvanich

SAP Infrastructure Support Team (SITI-ISPS/31)
Shell Information Technology International Sdn., Bhd.
2340 Century Square
Jln Ushawan 63000 Cyberjaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
(Tel : +603 8313 3446 : Fax : +603 251 2788 )
*Personal EMail : T.chintawongvanich AT shell DOT com
*Group EMail : ITS_AsiaPacific AT ssi.shell.com DOT my