ADSM-L

NT clilents file space names on TSM 4.2.01

2001-10-11 23:37:16
Subject: NT clilents file space names on TSM 4.2.01
From: PETER GRIFFIN <PETER.GRIFFIN AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:33:20 +1000
We have an interesting problem that filespace names and filenames for NT
cleints are being displayed as "..." only.  The 'dots' are displayed as in all
displays (WEB, CONSOLE, SQL query etc)

TSM>select filespace_name, file_name from contents where
upper(node_name)='client' and VOLUME_NAME='volume'

FILESPACE_NAME         FILE_NAME
------------------     ------------------
...                    ...
...                    ...
...                    ...

We are running 4.2.01 on Solaris 8.

This is a new server so we are unsure if this problem would be visible (at
least initially) if an upgrade was performed rather than a complete rebuild.

I am curious if anyone else is seeing the same thing either for a new server or
an upgrade scenario, a new client on an upgraded server etc.

Peter Griffin
Sydney Water

This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
and may contain information which is confidential or
privileged. Unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately via e-mail and then delete the
original e-mail.